Return to Bristol!

Hello all. I hope you've enjoyed the liner notes I've been posting for the two recent digital-only Louis Armstrong releases through Universal. Keep watching this space as I'm sitting on LOTS of Louis-related news regarding upcoming releases in all formats--digital, CD, even LP.

But I'm going to be plenty busy for the next few weeks (months? years?) with a variety of Armstrong lectures. The big news is next week, I'll be in England, returning to the Bristol Jazz and Blues Festival! On Saturday afternoon, I'll be showcased at the Lantern in Colston Hall with a talk called "How Louis Armstrong Revolutionised Popular Music." I love these types of presentations as I get to place Louis properly in the context of the pop music world of the 20s and 30s. I'll also be sure to bring some rare footage for the die-hard British Pops fans who only see me once every couple of years! You can purchase tickets here.

When I get back to the States, there's no rest for the weary! I'll be back at my alma mater, the Institute of Jazz Studies at Rutgers Newark, to give a talk on Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong's recordings on March 29 at 7 p.m. On April 11, I'll be hosting a free screening of "Satchmo the Great" at the Prince public library in Princeton, NJ at 6 p.m. And on April 30, International Jazz Day, I'll be hosting a special event at Queens College. I can't tell you what it's about just yet but all will be revealed very soon--start saving your money!

And I know I've mentioned this before but if you're sad about the lack of blogs, don't miss my public Facebook page, Ricky Riccardi - Louis Armstrong Historian. You don't even have to sign up for Facebook to enjoy the photos, #RickyLeaks videos and Armstrong-news I share there.

S'all for now--hope to see some friends in England next week!

Big Ricky Meets Big Ben, 2015

Comments

Popular Posts