Dreamin'...

Just a quick note to explain why there hasn't been a new blog for over a week and why there won't be one for another few days. I started my duties as Project Archivist of the Louis Armstrong Archives at Queens College this week and though only two days have passed, it has truly been a dream. More than once, I've found myself thinking, "Am I really getting paid for this?" So that's where I've been this week. As for where I'm going, I'm heading off to Cape Cod with Michael Cogswell to go see Jack Bradley for the next two days. Jack's the world's greatest Armstrong collector and it's his collection that I'll be in charge of at the Archives. I love Jack and we've had plenty of phone calls but this will be the first face-to-face meeting and I'm very excited. Michael and I will depart on Friday with a van full of treasures, to be sorted out, preserved, catalogued and described in my coming weeks. When I get back on Friday, I'll obviously need to spend every second of the weekend with my loving (and understanding) wife and baby. Thus, feel free to roam around here for a while and read some of my older entries and I promise to be back with something fresh sometime next week. Til then!

Comments

Hope said…
Waiting for your feature on Satchmo's "LA VIE EN ROSE" :)

Popular Posts